About the Event
Hi. My name is Mei-Yee. I am the children’s ministry coordinator at Jaffray since January 2018. I love teaching kids about the Bible and doing activities. Looking forward to seeing you this summer at Trail Mix! Trail Mix Children’s Day Camp began at Jaffray Church in the summer of 2004 with the sole purpose of sharing the love of Jesus Christ with kids. This year, come and join us for two weeks of exploring God’s handiwork in creation and discover the magnificent designs behind it all – from the vast universe to the minute atom, we will leave no stone unturned!
Hi there! My family and I have been attending Jaffray church since I was very young. In my twenties, God called me to pursue seminary studies. I became Jaffray’s full-time pastor in 2015, since then my focus has been on youth and outreach. I love working with people, particularly those who are on the margins of society. I am very much looking forward to spending time with the kids at Trail Mix and working with our staff and volunteers!
Hey everyone! My name is Nathan, and I am so excited to be serving as Jaffray Church’s Young Life Ministry Assistant and Community Outreach Coordinator this summer. In recent years, I have served as a camp leader and director – both at Jaffray, and at local non-profits as well. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor’s of Social Work, and will be entering my fourth and final year this Fall. Just like Pastor Gabriel, I have had the blessing to have grown up at Jaffray and witnessed God’s steadfast love and faithfulness throughout the years. I have a huge heart in working with children and youth alike, and can’t wait to learn many valuable lessons from your young ones this summer!
Hi! My name is Alwin and I have been a part of Jaffray for 11 years. I recently finished my first year at Western University under the faculty of science. I enjoy spending times outdoors, playing board games, and sports! I have a growing passion to serve God’s kingdom and bring non-believers to Christ. I am beyond excited to serve my 3rd term in Trailmix and can’t wait to exercise new leadership skills this year! I always see this camp as an impactful journey on our relationship with God, but never having a dull moment at the same time. Nevertheless, let’s go on this walk with God together!
Hi everyone! My name is Jody and am returning as one of the Trailmix leaders! Finishing up my second year of university, I’m really looking forward to having three weeks of fun with the campers. As a Communications major, serving at Jaffray and as a camp leader has made me grow as a Christian and a student in the Communications field. I can’t wait until the start of Trailmix and see you all then!
Hey there! My name is Benjamin Lee, and I look forward to being apart of this year’s Trailmix team. Currently, I’m a high school student in Grade 11 with the hopes of getting into engineering for post-secondary. I’ve had the pleasure to have been attending Jaffray since grade 6 where I continue to grow as a person and most importantly a Christian. If you were to ask me for a unique interest I would have to say stationary, some people even went as far as to call me Penjamin! I’ll strive to make this year’s camp one that your children will remember for a long time whether it be through my quirky personality or the care I show for each of them! I look forward to working and seeing you and your young ones at Trailmix!
Greetings! I am Randy Ai, a Grade 10 student working for Trailmix this year. I have been involved in Trailmix for over 4 years as a camper, volunteer and now staff. Trailmix has made a huge impact in my life and I want the kids this year to experience the same. I am thrilled to be involved in the engaging and fascinating learning experience that encaptured me as a kid. Personally, I can be summed up in two words: clumsy and nerdy. I am a big fan of science and learning new things so I am super excited about this year’s theme of Ancient Civilizations. Don’t tell anyone, but I am secretly building a time machine so we can experience the ancient civilizations first-hand.
Week 1: July 15-19
Week 2: July 22-26
Week 3: July 29 – Aug 2
Important Information for Parents & Caregivers
- Camp Schedules can be downloaded below.
- If you plan on volunteering at the camp, you must attend the one-day training on Monday July 8 (9:30-4pm). You will also need to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Check completed before the first day of camp. Details can be found on the “Leaders” tab.
- Lunch and snacks are NOT provided for the campers, each much bring his / her own NUT-FREE food. Please label all food containers with your child’s name on them.
- Be sure to pack extra clothes, medications, sunscreen, bug spray, hats, and indoor running shoes for your child. The children will be given cubby holes for storage for the duration of the camp.
Some field trips are weather dependent (e.g. hiking) and therefore might change accordingly, we will do our best to notify you of any changes
Age of Campers (As of July 15, 2019)
Children who are between the ages of 5-12 are registered as “campers”.
Children of ages 5 and under are also welcomed, but must be accompanied by at least one parent, legal guardian, or parent’s designated adult for the entire duration of the camp. The accompanying adult is considered an adult volunteer at the camp, but duties may be limited to caring for the designated child(ren) only (Refer to LEADERS tab). Exceptions to this rule is made on a case-by-case basis.
Cost for Campers
Early Bird (by Tuesday April 30 @ 11:59:59pm EST)
- First Child: $125 / week
- All other siblings: $80 / child / week
Regular Registration (May 1 – June 30)
- First Child: $140 / week
- All other siblings: $100 / child / week
- Each Child: $35 / day
Deadline for all registration: June 30 @ 11:59:59pm EST
Early Drop Off and Late Pick Up
- Early Drop Off (begins at 7:30am) / Late Pick up (until 6:30pm)
- Add $20 / child / week for early drop off or late pick up (i.e. add $40 for both early and late)
- Add $5 / child / day for each early drop off or late pick up
Download the form you want by clicking the link in Blue
Registration Form : TrailMix2019registerform2019
Volunteer Form: trailmax-volunteer form2019
- By Mail: Print and fill out the registration form and mail it to Jaffray Church along with payment (Cheques only). See church address on the registration form.
- In Person: Print and fill out the registration form, along with payment (Cheques or Cash), drop into the secured mail slot at room B11 in the Church Main Building Basement (Sundays 9-12:30pm) or at the Church Office (Mondays to Fridays 10-4pm, Note: office will be closed on all statutory holidays e.g. Victoria Day Monday).