The first Sunday of each month is communion. For those who attend worship in-person, please take the 2 in 1 communion elements on the way into the sanctuary. For those who are worshipping from home on Zoom, please prepare your elements of bread and juice for worship.
2. Daylight Savings Time Ends
The daylight savings time will end next Sunday Nov 7. Please remember to move your clocks back 1 hour on Saturday night before you go to bed.
3. In-person Worship Registration
For those who want to attend our Sunday worship in-person, you can do so by filling out the registration form at this link https://forms.gle/GPQ66McV5Tkz56fA7. The form opens every Tuesday and closes every week on Saturday at 12 noon.
4. Sunday School
Class: Introduction to Hermeneutics
Dates: Every Sunday, Oct 3 – Nov 28, 2021
Place: Zoom (link provided for those on the email list)
5. Jaffray English Email List
Are you receiving emails from the church? If you would like to receive information regarding worship, events, prayer meetings and other important announcements, please send a request to email@example.com to join the email list.
6. Joint Prayer Meeting
Joint prayer meeting is this Wednesday at 8pm on Zoom. Please join the email list for the Zoom link.
7. Congregational Singing
Toronto Public Health has given the following COVID 19 Guidance to TJCAC as a Place of Worship, updated Oct 1, 2021 regarding indoor congregational singing: “Indoor group singing, dancing and use of wind instruments has been linked to numerous outbreaks in multiple countries. Limit the number of performers or vocalists. Avoid group or congregational singing.” The EB noted that this is a Guidance and not a Law. Therefore, while TJCAC will encourage full compliance with Toronto Public Health Guidance, we will not be enforcing the “avoid congregational singing” guidance, provided that masks are worn indoors.
8. Missions Night
Theme: “On Mission. Everyone. Everywhere. All the Time.”
Date: Saturday, November 6, 2021
Format: Zoom (with Cantonese, Mandarin & English channels so brothers and sisters can choose the channel according to their language preference). There will be sharing by local and International Workers, as well as breakout room discussions and prayers.
- Kimberly Pak, Ambassadors for Christ
- Nathan Cheng, Chinese Christian Mission
- Pin Wong, International Student Ministries
- Victor and Betty Chin, Mexico City
- Melissa Chan, OMF
- Ivy and Glen Milanowski, Norway
Please mark your calendars and join us on Nov. 6 as our missionaries share how God has led them and their ministries during the past year during COVID.
9. The Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) will be held at the church at 12:30 pm on Sunday, November 28. Members who cannot participate in person can also attend online.
The AGM agenda will include 2022-23 elders election, 2022 budget approval, and amendment of by-laws. All Active Members are requested to attend. The elder candidates nominated by the nomination committee are: Vincent Ho, Herman Mo, and Cynthia So.
The AGM Agenda, Active Membership List, the 2022 budget proposal and the draft By-laws Amendment (subject to approval at the annual meeting), are attached herewith. Any suggested additional agenda items or additional elder nominations in accordance with the by-laws must be submitted in writing to Elder Alfred Mo, Vice Chair of the Board, or Elder Vincent Ho, Secretary, on or before 9:00 am on November 21.
- Members participating in the AGM online must first register using the link: https://forms.gle/9oD78K2KX4UWX4iJ6. The Zoom password will be emailed to you.
- For Active Members who choose to attend the AGM online, please print and complete the “Elder Election Ballot”, and mail it back to the church as soon as possible; the ballots must be received on or before November 23 to be valid. If you are an Active Member and have not received the “Elder Election Ballot”, please contact the church office.
- Members attending the AGM in person will receive a certified ballot at the AGM.
The Pre-AGM Consultation Meeting will be held online at 12:30 pm on November 21, and members are encouraged to attend.
- Members participating at the Pre-AGM Consultation Meeting do not need to register in advance. Please join the Zoom meeting after the worship service: Zoom ID: 988 1985 8010; PW: 685873
10. Staff News
Pastor Gabriel will be on vacation Oct 18 to Nov 5. Please contact Nathan Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any Young Life Ministry-related matters.