1. English Sunday Worship: With the rapidly rising covid-19 cases and the Omicron variant, the English Ministry Committee has decided to go back to online only gatherings for our Sunday worship services. We will stream the worship live at 9am through our Sunday Zoom meeting and this will begin on Sunday, Dec. 26 which is next week. Our elder board is allowing each Ministry Committee to decide whether to continue in-person or go virtual and the English Ministry Committee felt going back to online only was best for our congregation at this time. We know and treasure the fullness of being the body of Christ when we are in-person and hope this will just be a short pause.
2. Holy Communion: The first Sunday of each month is holy communion. Please prepare your elements of bread and juice at home next week so we can partake of Christ together.
3. Vaccination Ontario is expanding eligibility for COVID-19 booster shots to anyone 18 and older, with 3 months since their 2nd dose, starting Monday, December 20, 2021. Vaccinations can be arranged by online booking and at many pharmacies and Walmart’s near you, but if you need our church to contact the vaccination center at 4158 Sheppard Ave East, Scarborough (same location as the 2nd dose, but NOT at Jaffray Church) for assistance in arranging the booster shot, please contact Carmen Li, preferably by email at email@example.com
4. Jaffray English Email List: Are you receiving emails from the church? If you would like to receive information regarding worship, events, prayer meetings and other important announcements, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the email list.
5. Membership Classes: If you would like to be baptized, want to become a member of Jaffray or need to do a membership transfer, please email Pastor Ken at email@example.com. Membership classes will begin on Sunday, February 6.
6. Prayer Meeting: English Prayer meeting is on break until our joint prayer meeting on Wednesday, Jan 5, 2022.
7. COVID Seminar with Dr. Pak
Thursday, December 30
8:00-9:30pm on Zoom
Topics: Vaccines for kids, Omicron variant
Contact Pastor Gabriel (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or would like to join
8. 2022/2023 Elder Installation will be held next Sunday: Do remember them in your prayers.
- Vincent Ho – Vice Chair (Acting Chair), YLM Elder Advisor
- Cynthia So – Secretary, Mission Dept., CM Elder Advisor
- Herman Mo – Treasurer, EM Elder Advisor
- Cassandra Cheng – Facility Management & Operations, MM Elder Advisor
9. The deadline to make claims for 2021 expenses for church ministries is Jan 2, 2021. Please complete the Cheque Requisition Form with your departmental deacon or/and elder approval signature and supporting documentation.
10. The deadline for offerings in 2021:
- “Electronic Transfer” of contributions must be transferred before 6:00 pm on December 31.
- “Mail or Hand delivery” to the church must be made before noon on December 26.
- “In-person worship” must put the contributions into the Offering Box before noon on Dec 26.
Offerings received after the above dates will be issued as 2022 tax receipt.