1. New Policies for Indoor Services
While following all of Ontario’s updated COVID 19 public health measures and advice detailed in our safety plan, starting Apr 1, 2022, the following changes for indoor services are in effect at TJCAC:
- capacity limits and physical distance mandates have been lifted
- pre-registration for attendance is no longer required
- other protective measures, such as mask/face covering requirements, hand sanitizing, and passive screening remain in place
TJCAC encourages all attendees to meet in person for the Lord calls us together, and we will reassess our indoor policies and procedures monthly to support in person services.
2. Church Kitchen
The Church Kitchen will reopen to encourage in person services starting Apr 1, 2022 and all bookings for use will be made through the kitchen ministry representatives of each congregation. To support this reopening, all interested attendees who want to obtain a Food Handling Training Certificate are to contact Deacons Margaret and Andy Pak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The course is expected to cost ~$40/person. TJCAC will subsidize the cost of training for those who serve in the kitchen ministry. Training will take place online. Deadline is April 4.
3. Annual General Meeting
Praise the Lord! At the Annual General Meeting last Sunday, we elected Alfred Mo & Josephine Lam as members of the Nominating Committee for Elders of 2023. Florence Shiu was appointed as our church internal auditor. Please remember them in prayer.
4. Sunday School
Next Class: The Book of Acts
Date: On Sunday March 13 – May 29
Location: Hybrid in-person and Zoom
5. Lent Testimony & Prayer Time
On Sunday, April 10 at 11am, we will pause our Sunday School so Glen Calica can share his testimony with our church and we will spend time praying for both our baptism and membership transfer candidates. Please join in welcoming them to our church.
6. Lent Prayer Meetings
This upcoming Wednesday at 8pm will be our joint prayer meeting on Zoom. Link sent out to those on the email list.
7. English Good Friday Service
Date: Friday, April 15
Location: In-person in the Main Sanctuary and online on Zoom
7. Easter Sunday Service
Easter Baptismal Joint Sunday Service will be held on April 17 at 11am. Lunch program will be followed. Online registration, please go to www.tjcac.org. Please join us.
- Names (for all adults and children between 4-12 yr), one form per person
- Choice of meal: seafood or beef, both come with veggie
- Cost: Adult $6.00, Children 4-12 yr, $4.00, 0-3 yr free (Please pay exact amount)
- No drinks will be provided, please bring your own beverages
- Registration deadline: Wed, April 13
8. ChaiWaWa Singing Group
ChaiWaWa Singing Group was established in 2020 by CLIC Fellowship. It aims to provide children with an opportunity to learn authentic Cantonese through singing, as well as learning about the gospel. Parents are encouraged to accompany their children and practice after class as a parent-child activity for understanding faith and cultivating morality.
During the pandemic, ChaiWaWa has been hosting online programs. We are planning to open for in-person in the future. We also welcome brothers and sisters from Jaffray to join this program, and wish to reach out to people outside from Jaffray. We are now having two activities that open for Jaffray brothers and sisters to participate:
1. In person activity: ChaiWaWa will host an Easter celebration event on April 9 at 3pm in the church basement. We sincerely invite parents and guardians who would like their children to learn Cantonese to join us with their children. The program is free, activities include singing, games crafts and we will provide snacks.
2. Online program: we will have a new term from May to July. The theme is “I love to pray”.
Both the Easter event and summer programs are required to register, for inquiry and registration, please contact Koko Lung from CLIC or email to email@example.com
9. Staff News
Rev. Samuel Or has accepted the call to be pastor at SCAC and his last day at Jaffray will be April 30, 2022. Please mark your calendars for April 17, 2022 as everyone is invited to the in person church lunch to say “goodbye,” and to bless him and his family. Details to follow.